It is possible for any candle to actually ignite. A fire can occur if too much heat is created in the container and the “flash point” temperature of one of the ingredients is reached. For this reason, always follow the instructions below:
- Stop burning the candle when ¼ – ½ inch remains. This is very important because it is possible for a small quantity of wax to heat up too much! Remove the wick stubs, and then the remainder of the wax will easily wash out of your container with soap and water – and you can pour it down a sink drain (soy wax is biodegradable).
- Trim the wicks and keep other flammable debris out of the candle.
- Do not prop the lid on top of your kettle or crock while the candle is burning (we advised this practice several years ago when we were using only 3 wicks).
- Do not allow any candle to burn unattended. Make sure your container is on a stable, heat-resistant surface. Do not burn the candle if there is anything flammable within 36” above it (such as a cupboard).
For best results, burn your candle 2-3 hours at a time.
We use 100% natural wicks. Occasionally, wicks are defective and do not burn well. Please contact us for advice if you encounter problems with a wick.
Warm conditions and humidity can cause wax to expand slightly. If you have problems removing or installing refills, you can place your container and candle refill in a freezer for an hour. Refills must be pushed all the way to the bottom of the container to burn properly.